A full-service manager, TOTE Services skillfully and expertly supports and maintains ship owner’s interests and property by providing top-to-bottom full technical management worldwide and other industry related support. Currently TOTE Services provides technical management for 25 American Flag vessels.
TOTE Services’ experienced staff stand ready to assist with:
- New Building Supervision – TOTE Services has supervised new construction at Avondale (Tankers), Newport News (Tankers) and Mitsubishi (Tankers).
- Major Specialized Maritime Operations – Operated vessels in major military support operations, including: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom
- Shipyard Overhaul Supervision – Managed dry-dockings worldwide. Most recently in USA, Singapore, Japan, Canada, Poland, Germany, Dubai, U.A.E., Spain and UK.
- Commissioning and Delivery Sea Trials – Performed commissioning and sea trials for Bay Shipbuilding of Sturgeon Bay; Newport News Shipbuilding; Aker Philadelphia Shipping and Marinette Marine Corp, including a T-ACS, Training Vessel, two LMSRs, 15 Product Tankers, four Container Ships and a Navy LCS.
- Conversion Projects Management – Supervised numerous vessel conversions, including a semi-submersible platform into SBX-Vessel for Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Vessel Lay-up and/or Reactivation Services – Extensive experience for over 25 years in activations and lay-up of a large fleet of government owned vessels.
- Vessel Re-flagging Services – Since 2004 TOTE Services has brought four foreign flag vessels under US flag.
- Safety & Environmental Audits
- Custodian Services
- Vessel Life Cycle Management
- Ship Recycling Services
- Maritime Technical Consulting
- Maritime Environmental Consulting
SPECIALIZED TECHNICAL SERVICES
In addition to the above stated new construction and major conversion history, TOTE Services has delivered specialized technical services during the new-construction phase of the US Navy’s Littoral Combat Ship program. Through a subcontract with Lockheed Martin, TOTE Services provided new construction engineering reviews for the US Navy’s Littoral Combat Ship, LCS, USS Freedom (LCS-1). TOTE Services’ inputs in these areas were incorporated into various design changes. Additionally, while working on this new-construction project, TOTE Services developed and conducted operational training programs for the ship crew.